[RBW] Where to buy SKS fenders?
Wayne Naha
2015-07-30 00:02:59 UTC
Other than Riv, I mean. I would love to buy these SKS/ESGE Commuter II
Fenders - B65 from Riv, but they are only offered in silver. I am not that
fond of the silver, and would prefer black. The young man I was speaking
with over the phone said I would really be better off buying from somewhere
else in that case, and avoiding the $10 special order fee. Really seemed
like they didn't want to take my money if it meant doing a special order.
A little odd, but whatever. So, where to go for a reputable dealer who
supplies what Riv does not?
Daniel D.
2015-07-30 01:04:54 UTC
Odd? That's great, they looked out for the customer suggesting a better
option. Well maybe that is odd :p

Modern bike has them
David Banzer
2015-07-30 01:25:15 UTC
I think most LBS's should be able to order them.
If not:
http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Commuter-Bolt-On-Mountain-Fenders/dp/B00XFJB4VW
David
Chicago
Matthew J
2015-07-30 01:27:01 UTC
My local LBS - Boulevard Bike carries them. If you are not in Chicago and
do not have a local LBS as well stocked, Universal Cycles and Ben's in
Milwaukee both offer on line.

Of the two, Ben's is has a (very nice) actual store front you can walk in
to if ever in Milwaukee. All things equal I prefer buying from Riv or
Ben's than Universal.
Joe Bernard
2015-07-30 02:45:53 UTC
It's quite common with Riv. They sell what they like and promote, and to my
knowledge have never sold a black fender. They know you can get them
somewhere else cheaper, and have no interest in charging you extra so they
can have the sale instead. It's always been this way, and is one of the
great things about that little company.
Garth
2015-07-30 11:24:30 UTC
Wayne, I assume you order other things online if you have ordered from
Riv . A google search reveals many links . Among them Amazon , the
mega-store it is fwiw , sells them in black . I buy alot of things there
as I have a Prime membership and things arrive in 2 days . But there are
lots of other choices online for you to your preferences .
http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Commuter-Bolt-On-Mountain-Fenders/dp/B00XFJB4VW
Ron Mc
2015-07-30 12:45:24 UTC
Grant stocks what he needs to build bikes. Luckily he sells it to us
without a bike. There are Many items that Grant has the Best Price you can
find on the internet - not everything. Shopping around is always smart,
especially if you're building a bike. As far as Modern Bike, Universal,
Jensen, Ben's, these are all great outfits with great prices (not on each
and every thing) and great service - last bike I built, all four of them
along with Rivendell, Outside Outfitters, Alex cycles and Chain Reaction
Cycles got orders from my logistics spreadsheet. I'm going to put in a
kudo for Modern Bike, because I like Andy's personal effort.
Yes, LBS very likely sell or can order the Commuter fenders you're looking
for. When I was looking for clip-on fenders earlier in the year and
pedaled between 4 different uptown and downtown bike shops , they all had
the Commuters in stock (but didn't have what I needed).
Philip Kim
2015-07-30 13:47:08 UTC
I know REI has some, but I think stock differs store to store. You can
order them online and have them shipped to the nearest REI for free I
believe.

One of the benefits of silver SKS fenders are that you can run reflective
tape on them and they don't show.

Also, Riv is kind of known for operating this way. Even though they have
some expensive frames, they understand everyone has a budget, and
understand where bike parts have diminishing returns.

I tried to order the Schmidt dynolight from them, and they politely
persisted the $70 would suit my needs at more than half the price. I'm
glad I listened. I try to order from them as much as a can, cause they're a
business I can get behind
Patrick Moore
2015-07-30 14:27:21 UTC
Just a though: If you like black, try the Planet Bike fenders. IME, the PBs
are sturdier than the SKSs. I've got 60 mm PBs on the Fargo and they don't
rattle even over choppy ground at speed.
Post by Wayne Naha
Other than Riv, I mean. I would love to buy these SKS/ESGE Commuter II
Fenders - B65 from Riv, but they are only offered in silver. I am not that
fond of the silver, and would prefer black. The young man I was speaking
with over the phone said I would really be better off buying from somewhere
else in that case, and avoiding the $10 special order fee. Really seemed
like they didn't want to take my money if it meant doing a special order.
A little odd, but whatever. So, where to go for a reputable dealer who
supplies what Riv does not?
Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique, Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante
Wayne Naha
2015-07-30 19:18:25 UTC
Thank you folks for all the suggestions. I did google the thing, of
course, but really there were too many choices, and I had no way of
discriminating between them. That's why I turned to the groupthink here.
I feel a lot better about ordering from a business when a few folks on the
forum speak up and say, 'Yeah, I ordered from them and it went well.'
Also, I'm going to investigate those Planet Bike fenders, which I would
never had heard of other than through here. So thanks again for your
indulgence. I appreciate the info given.
So, where to go for a reputable dealer who supplies what Riv does not?