[RBW] wtb: Betty Foy (50cm)
Eric
2015-07-07 02:14:27 UTC
Looking for one! Complete or frameset. Thanks!!!
Dave Johnston
2015-07-08 12:48:44 UTC
Where are you located?

Did they ever make a 50cm? According to the Riv geo charts someone
published (see link) on google docs I see a 47cm and 52cm.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjehUKAztnO8dEFRVEYxUWpxeXNPMHZMeDZINmNUMWc#gid=0

I saw one in person back a few months ago. The price was on the high side
but it was in great condition. I took some mesurements and some pictures
and the top tube was really short so it was too small for my girlfriend. I
think it must have been a 47cm, 26" wheel version with a 53.5cm top tube. I
might be able to find out if it ever sold.

-Dave
Eric
2015-07-08 15:41:42 UTC
I guess I would also be looking for a 52cm.

But I recall Riv recalculating the offerings for Betty...

http://rivbike.tumblr.com/post/59509950520/fsr-betties
charlisse c.
2015-07-09 02:39:40 UTC
Riv definitely made the 50cm Betty, because I have one! They used to make 47cm/52cm/58cm (and possibly one larger size?), then at some point they switched over to 50cm/55cm/60cm sizing. It's similar to the Cheviot sizing now.

I've seen a couple Betty's come up for sale on this site the past year. If you like the Cheviot design I believe the 50cm Betty and Cheviot have the same geometry, while the 55cm/60cm Cheviots have longer chainstays than their Betty counterparts.
Eric
2015-07-29 17:16:48 UTC
Still looking for a 50cm (or 52cm)

Thanks!!
Shoji Takahashi
2015-07-29 19:52:07 UTC
There's a 50cm Cheviot complete on
Riv: http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/wsf-148.htm
Eric
2015-07-29 22:51:43 UTC
Saw it but was given the reply "it looks like poo green". Yep, not a fan!