[RBW] WTB - bar-end shifters, 9 or 10 speed
Mark Reimer
2015-07-29 14:32:04 UTC
Hello friends,

My wife wants to switch from drop bars to an albatross on her Surly Cross
Check. That means I need to source some bar-end shifters. I'm happy with 9
or 10 speed indexed. I'm looking for something in the $60ish range if
possible. Anyone have something they'd be willing to part with? Shipping
would be to Canada.
Tim Gavin
2015-07-29 14:40:08 UTC
Sorry, I forgot the link for the Nashbar shifters
<http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=10+speed+bar+end+shifter&catalogId=10052&cn1=&langId=-1&gast=10+speed+bar+end+shifter&storeId=10053&URL=CatalogSearchResultView&ddkey=http:SearchComponentAutoSuggestView>
Nashbar has brand new 10 speed Shimano bar-ends on sale for $55 USD. They
ship to Canada, but I don't know the cost.
I picked up two sets a couple weeks ago (they were $50 then).
Personally, I'll use the right Shimano shifter for 10 speed
indexed/friction, and a Silver bar end for the left.
The Silver has a shorter lever throw for the same cable pull, so prefer
them for shifting a triple crank. I don't like how I have to move the
Shimano front shifter a full 90 degrees (which seems like it's past 90, due
to the dog leg shape of Shimano bar end levers) to get to the big ring.
With the Silver shifter, it's more like 60 degrees total.
Tim
Mark Reimer