[RBW] Sam owners: axle-brake nut measure, pretty please
lukeheller
2015-07-23 21:22:08 UTC
I need some help from the Sam owners out there.... just a quick measurement.

center of REAR axle to center of brake bolt.

I'm planning a custom and curious what the Sam's are hitting at. I want to
maximize tire clearance while simultaneously maintaining braking power with
the Tektro R559's.

THANKS!
Philip Kim
2015-07-27 22:25:55 UTC
I believe it is 65mm. I read that somewhere on the riv website. Also have a pair of Paul racers at the max end which is 65mm
murphyjrfk
2015-07-28 00:24:17 UTC
I happened to have my tape measure and Sam super handy. I got 65mm. But that's with human eyes. Riv posted on their blog a while back the super duper facts of the frame I'd check the archives. That'll tell you everything!

I don't have the link handy sorry.
murphyjrfk
2015-07-28 00:47:22 UTC
Correction. I don't know why I said 65 must have been thinking brake reach. 365mm. It's a 51cm w 650b.
Philip Kim
2015-07-28 13:19:40 UTC
Yes, I thought the same thing... I can confirm, also measured 365 on my 51cm
David Person
Andy.M
2015-07-29 00:43:56 UTC

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZnphyNJ0dTM/VbghppMzXDI/AAAAAAAAAMk/ep3Cc9_Bqhw/s1600/SAMHILL.jpg>
I can't remember where I ran this down at, but it has been my desktop
background for some time now. Should help with any measurements that your
looking for :)

-Andy
David Person
2015-07-29 03:53:09 UTC
The drawings are on the Rivbike.com site, on the Sam Hillborne page, links for all the current sizes.
'hangtownmatt' via RBW Owners Bunch
2015-07-29 03:55:49 UTC
Andy, Thank You.

I do have a couple questions:

1. What's the difference between to two pictures?

2. Is this a 62cm Hillborne?
Andy.M
2015-07-29 04:41:55 UTC
Oh, thats weird, maybe it just loaded twice.
And yes, as far as I can tell its a 62.
Looks like david is right and the same spec pics for all of the sizes are
on the Sam Hillborne page on the riv site....
and for those of us who are too lazy to click over and find it themselves...
62cm
58cm
55cm
51cm